Your privacy is important to us
Decor Outdoor is dedicated to not only providing you with a great online shopping experience and premium products, but also the peace of mind from knowing that your personal information is kept confidential and secure. The information that you provide when you place an order is only used to process it from submission through delivery, as well as communicate with you along the way. Your personal information is never shared with or sold to any third parties. The following statements detail how we collect, utilize and protect your information.
What personal information do we collect?
Login & Contact Information
When you register an account with Decor Outdoor, we gather basic contact details like your name, mailing address, e-mail address, phone number and other information. We also store your account login id and password.
Payment & Order Information
Each order requires us to request detailed credit card information from you, including card number, expiration date, security code and billing address. We also save your PayPal account information when required and maintain a detailed record of all the products and services you purchase from us.
To help us better understand how to make our website more valuable to you, we collect browser and device information about visits and visitors. This includes page views, time on the site, browser type, device used and more.
We also save all product reviews, testimonials and questions submitted via the website or through email requests.
How do we use your information?
Many Informational Applications
Decor Outdoor does not disclose your information to third parties. We use the personal information we collect from customers in a variety of ways:
- Customer Service - Receive timely communication regarding your product questions, price quotes, tracking information and claims assistance
- Order Processing - Submit orders and make payments
- Personalization - Create wishlists, compare products, access special price promotions and see recently viewed products
- Customer Insight - Read first hand accounts of customer experiences with products and review answers to questions
- Promotions - Receive periodic alerts of new product introductions, sales and other notable highlights
How do we protect your information?
PCI DSS Compliance Standards
Decor Outdoor partners with Nexcess to ensure that your personal and financial data have the highest protective safeguards. Our website and databases are hosted on Secure Isolated Platform (SIP) servers that are performance-optimized to meet the stringent requirements of the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS). In order to be PCI DSS compliant, merchants and hosting providers must meet twelve strict requirements set by the PCI Security Standards Council:
- Install and maintain a firewall configuration to protect cardholder details
- Do not use vendor-supplied defaults for system passwords and other security parameters
- Protect stored cardholder data
- Encrypt transmission of cardholder data across open, public networks
- Protect all systems against malware and regularly update anti-virus software or programs
- Develop and maintain secure systems and applications
- Restrict access to cardholder data according to need
- Identify and authenticate access to system components
- Restrict physical access to cardholder data
- Track and monitor all access to network resources and cardholder data
- Regularly test security systems and processes
- Maintain a policy that addresses information security for all personnel
Nexcess facilities maintain the highest standards of security.
- SSAE 16 Certified Facilities - External audits of processes, policies, procedures, personnel and operational activities
- Complete Audit Trail - Comprehensive records are logged for all work and access on servers and networks
- Round-The-Clock Security Monitoring - 24 hour security patrols, camera surveillance and biometric identity verification for data floor access
Your information is secured behind multiple layers of network safeguards.
- Firewalls - Data is protected from outside intrusion by an Advanced Policy Firewall (APF) and a ModSecurity web application firewall
- Hardware Asset Management - Network servers, switches and routers are configured for comprehensive security
- Regular Security Testing - Network and server integrity is frequently tested for internal and external penetration vulnerabilities
Nexcess continually monitors servers, identifies potential issues and makes adjustments to ensure security and uptime.
- Secure Isolated Platform servers - Nexcess SIP servers fully comply with the high PCI-DSS security standards
- Ksplice Uptrack - Running operating systems are able to receive kernel patches with any interruption to the service
- Real-time monitoring - Servers are constantly monitored for breaches and threat indicators, so any potential client data vulnerability can be addressed immediately
- Bespoke Server Security Configuration - Shared servers are individually configured to provide the most secure environment for the application platforms they serve (e.g. Magento)
- OS Security Management - Managed servers are proactively patched or upgraded, as vulnerabilities are discovered
Nexcess and Comodo ensure that your sensitive personal and financial data safely traverses the internet and is securely protected in our database.
- Backup - Nexcess performs comprehensive daily R1Soft backups on managed hosting servers to ensure no data is ever lost
- SSL Certificate - Decor Outdoor secures and encrypts user and customer information transmitted over the internet via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology provided by industry leader Comodo
How can you modify your information and choices?
Edit Your Profile
You can always update, correct or delete personal information. Just click "My Account" in the quick links displayed on the right hand side of the header. Enter your login email address and password to access your profile and order history. Make any desired changes and save them.
Change Opt In or Out Preferences
Occasionally, we may send you communications to alert you of upcoming sales, new brands and collections or reminders. However, you always have the opportunity to opt out of receiving these messages - it's your choice. Just click "Newsletter Subscriptions" and then uncheck the "General Subscription" checkbox.
If you have questions, comments or suggestions, we're ready to help you. Contact our customer service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and we'll do our best to provide answers in a timely fashion.
5828 Colfax Avenue, #7
North Hollywood, CA 91601
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Decor Outdoor use "cookies"?
Does Decor Outdoor share customer information with outside parties?
We absolutely do not sell, share or trade your personally identifiable information with any outside party for marketing or advertising purposes. This does not include third party service partners of Decor Outdoor that host our website, provide the products you order, authorize and process your payments, and ship orders to you. Those third parties are not authorized to use or disclose your information for any purpose other than to perform the services designated by Decor Outdoor.
Decor Outdoor also allows Google to collect anonymous user data, in order to analyze site activity and improve our delivery of products and services to you. It enables us to review visitor traffic behavior, identify trends and customer demographics. Additionally, questions, reviews and ratings that you voluntarily submit may be published on our site and are viewable by anyone.
What about third party links?
We like to connect customers to insightful information on other websites through links in our blog posts, category descriptions and product pages. Decor Outdoor is not responsible for these third party sites, which may have privacy policies that are different from our own. We recommend that you review the individual privacy policies of third party sites, before providing them with any information.
How does Decor Outdoor handle information from children?