Eco-Friendly High End Outdoor Furniture
The name Mamagreen is synonymous with innovative, contemporary, eco-design. Taking an environmentally friendly approach to premium outdoor furniture, the company designs and manufactures a vast collection of dining and lounge furnishings to the most discerning clientele who value luxury, quality and sustainability. Over 90% of the teak used to manufacture Mamagreen furniture is recycled or reclaimed from abandoned buildings. The remainder comes from FSC® certified forests. All furnishings are suitable for residential and hospitality use.
Mamagreen was founded in 2007 when Belgian designer and entrepreneur, Vincent Cantaert, recognized the growing niche for cutting-edge, eco-friendly, outdoor furniture design. Cantaert, along with fellow designer Barbara Widiningtias, strive for clean lines, correct proportions and a subtle harmonious combination of materials in all of their collections. Above all, they strive to deliver on comfort and style. Together, with a team of young Indonesian designers, they form Mamagreen’s Design Lab. The team has received design excellence awards from the American Society of Interior Designers (ASID) as well as the International Casual Furnishings Association (ICFA).
High Quality Materials & Finishing
Quality is paramount to the company. Mamagreen uses only the best weather-resistant materials and hand-finishes every piece to ensure durability in even the harshest conditions. Production processes and materials are selected on the following criteria:
- Weather resistance
- Easy maintenance
- Care for the environment
- Prime quality
Mamagreen Frames & Tabletops
- Aluminum - Alloy 6063 aluminum is strong and imbued with anti-rust qualities
- Stainless Steel - 304 and marine-grade 316 stainless steel have chrome and nickel content are extremely durable
- Galvanized Steel - Zinc-layered steel that is highly corrosion-resistant and sturdy
- Recycled Teak - Sourced from abandoned buildings with a variety of brushed, smooth-sanded or drift finishes
- Plantation Teak - Grade A hardwood the resists warping and cracking but will weather to a get silver color over time
- High-Pressure Laminate (HPL) - Rigid modern material made of compressed Kraft paper, aluminum and resin that resists impact damage and dust
Metal frames are powder-coated in matte sand, gloss, high gloss and ultra-durable semi-gloss finishes. The coating inures the metal against corrosion and comes in a variety of neutral tones and chic colors. All Mamagreen teak furniture is also treated with Golden Care “Teak Shield”, which provide a protective layer against blemishes without impairing the wood’s natural patina transition to silvery grey.
Mamagreen Upholstery, Slings, Support & Webbing
- Sunbrella® - This solution-dyed acrylic fabric is the “Gold Standard” for outdoor textiles and is colorfast, tear and water-resistant
- Batyline® - UV-resistant mesh sling material with extreme tensile strength and tear-resistance from Serge Ferrari®
- Textilene® - Stiff PVC-coated polyester versatile mesh fabric that can be used for slings, upholstery or webbing from Twitchell®
- Stamskin® - Faux leather fabric from Serge Ferrari® that is water-tight, soft and possesses anti-fungal properties
- Synthetic Wicker - High-density polyethylene (HDPE) weave that is extremely weather-resistant and recyclable
- Rope - Constructed of olefin fibers with anti-mildew and high weather durability
- Keops® - A blend of Batyline® and natural hemp fiber for comfortable webbing for seating
- Leisuretex® - PVC-coated polyester mixed with olefin for extra durable and water-repellent webbing or upholstery from Twitchell®
Quick-Drying Foam Cushions
Mamagreen’s upholstered lines use cushion inserts that can get wet and dry quickly to prevent mold and mildew build-up. They use state-of-the-art core designs using open cell foam to ensure that their seating can weather a brief shower and be ready to use soon after. Their collections predominantly use QuickDryFoam® from Urecel® but a few also use Air Dry Foam by Inoac®.
Ecologically & Socially Responsible
Mamagreen’s passion for community, humanity and building a culture of “doing the right thing” within its company is evident in everything it does. They recognize the importance of minimizing the impact its manufacturing activities have on the environment, and continuously strives to demonstrate good stewardship of the world’s natural resources. In keeping with their values, they use:
- Exclusively reclaimed or FSC® certified teak
- Oeko-Tex® certified olefinrope
- 100% recyclable aluminum
- 100% recyclable Batyline® textiles
- 100% recycled fiber in cartons
- At least 35% post-consumer material
Customizable Fabrics, Finishes & Configurations
Ultimately, Mamagreen allows customers to create the ideal, customizable space for their lifestyle. Most collections offer multiple options for frame finishes, tabletops and upholstery fabric. Additionally, tables and seating have a number of sizes, while sectionals come with arms and side tables on either the left or right. This variety and configurability enable customers to tailor their lounge or al fresco dining sets to both their outdoor palette and unique space. Furniture pieces of unique and timeless design, combined with the finest quality materials, ensure a lifetime of enjoyment from Mamagreen furniture.